Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

My OH and I hit the road yesterday. On our awesome cruiser bicycles. We road 34 kilometres in just over 2 hours. We went to the town where I work, so now I know that I can get there, if my car was ever to break down! (Not something I would like to happen, I would like to add!)

The trip was pretty good. I don't usually like listening to music as I ride, I like to listen to the birds, the wind, the beach, whatever else is happening around me, but I'm so glad I plugged my ipod into my ears before we left on this trip. It was long, parts of the actual ride were quite boring and if I didn't have the music playing, I think I would have complained a LOT more from bum-soreness! And I usually get A++ in whinging!

Anyway, the road was flat (thankfully), quite narrow (scarily) and parts were very scenic as we rode along the river. I guess the trees were pretty too, but that part just went on and on! Fortunately there weren't too many cars out, and on the whole they gave us a wide berth as they passed by.

There is a Woollies in the town we went to, and I HAD to fill my basket with "fresh produce". Otherwise, what's the point of buying the basket? Anyway, it survived the return trip, and the asparagus made a yummy dinner/snack tonight. Next time we do this trip, though, we'll give ourselves enough time to do something other than wander around Woollies when we get there... like buy some lunch... drink a beer... something lovely like that!

And for those who think WW... I made up 12PP on this ride. Cool. Makes up for the reverse cheesecake the OH made the night before (and the normal way up cheesecake we had today!)

I'm turning into someone I've not met for a LONG time... the me who likes to move and burn up energy. I like that me!

(O, I've now lost 8.8kilos and weighed 84 kilos last Wednesday. Feeling good!)

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo pleased and proud for and of you.
    You are doing so awesomely wonderful!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your weight loss, it must feel great being so close to the 70's. The bike ride sounded like a really nice day. I love woolies so I don't think there is anything wrong with a day out to the supermarket, but that's just me. Most people are horrified when they find out I love going grocery shopping. No wonder people think I am a little odd!!!!

    Congrats again on your loss, you have been doing a great job xx

    ReplyDelete